Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Atum




Atum created the fertile lands of the Egypitian Nile by masturbating and spilling his highly potent seed on the Saharan sand. I like to think this blog was created in much the same way.



It was a bit messy, Atum being infinitely proportioned and so on, but the potency of his seed was enough to justify the clean up effort. My keyboard is bound to be broken but, alas, the price you pay for inspiration. I speak entirely in metaphors, of course, and of immaterial spiritual substance.

The problem with that idea is physical substance IS spiritual substance. There is nothing soulless about the dense weaving of my skull bone, there is nothing passionless about texture of my palms, my mucus is entirely ideological. A phallus might not conceptualize dedication to political reform, but it sure knows how to penetrate into the thick of a hairy situation. It knows the essence, the impulse; the body communicates the classics in mute, it theorizes in force and weights; the complicated play of theory becomes solidified in the mechanical functioning of the human form.

EGYPT CAT:

1 comment:

susiescorcher said...

did my mind just get fucked?
-katy